LoveIOM is a platform that provides the tools and technology for Merchants to redeem LoveIOM Gift Cards, at physical retail locations, marketplaces and more.
About this policy
This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") describes what constitutes a permitted use in connection with your use of the LoveIOM Gift Card Scheme.
In this AUP:
‘we’. ‘us’, or ‘our’ means IOM Gift Card Limited; and
‘you’ or ‘your’ means the Participating Merchant.
LoveIOM operate on a Limited Network Exemption and as such has an extremely limited list of permitted redemption uses. These are listed below:
- Food: You may redeem a LoveIOM Gift Card for dine-in, full-service, quick-service, take-away and snack food options at approved Merchants.
- Accommodation: You may redeem a LoveIOM Gift Card for hotel, stay-cation, bed & breakfast and other accommodations whereby the provider and the accommodation are registered with the Isle of Man Department of Enterprise “Visit” scheme.
- Alcohol: You may redeem a LoveIOM Gift Card for alcohol at any licensed premises of an approved Merchant and applicable premises registered with the Isle of Man Department of Enterprise “Visit” scheme.
Notwithstanding the above, no transaction of any type shall be permitted by a business linked, operating, or proven to operate in the following restricted purposes in the reasonable opinion of the operator of the LoveIOM Gift Card Scheme:
- Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials that exploit or abuse children, including but not limited to images or depictions of child abuse or sexual abuse, or that present children in a sexual manner.
- Harassment, bullying, defamation and threats: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload materials, that harass, bully, defame or threaten a specific individual.
- Hateful content: You may not use the LoveIOM Gift Card Scheme to promote or condone hate or violence against people based on race, ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, veteran status or other forms of discriminatory intolerance. You may not use the LoveIOM Gift Card Scheme to promote or support organisations, platforms or people that: (i) promote or condone such hate; or (ii) threaten or condone violence to further a cause.
- Illegal activities: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload materials, that contravene or that facilitate or promote activities that contravene, the laws of the jurisdictions in which you operate or do business.
- Intellectual property: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload materials, that infringe on the copyright or trademarks of others.
- Malicious and deceptive practices: You may not use the LoveIOM Gift Card Scheme to transmit malware or host phishing pages. You may not perform activities or upload or distribute materials that harm or disrupt the operation of the LoveIOM Gift Card Scheme or other infrastructure of LoveIOM or others, including LoveIOM's third party providers. You may not use the LoveIOM Gift Card Scheme for deceptive commercial practices or any other illegal or deceptive activities.
- Personal and confidential information: You may not post or upload any materials that contain personally identifiable information, sensitive personal information, or confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords unless you have consent from the person to whom the information belongs or who is otherwise authorised to provide such consent.
- Restricted items: You may not offer goods or services that are, or appear to be, from the following, non-exhaustive list: a) Currency or financial instruments, b) Drugs or prescriptions, c) Hazardous goods, d) Weapons, e) Crypto currencies, f) Third-party gift cards sold without permission
- Self-harm: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload materials, that promote self-harm.
- Spam: You may not use the LoveIOM Gift Card Scheme to transmit unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
- Terrorist organisations: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload materials, that imply or promote support or funding of, or membership in, a terrorist organisation.